View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2014, 06:55 PM   #25
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:
Just because he was riding a 899 and crashed doesn't mean he was going fast, he could just be another one of those riders who just rode a bit over their head and payed the price.
I have no idea how fast he was going, I didn't mean to imply that speed was the only reason, or even a reason, for the crash. It just made me think.

Quote:
Overall, I think that the reason people ride fast in general is because it's euphoric when everything falls into place and you're "flying" low to the ground.
This makes sense, but I think I reach this point sooner on the speed spectrum than most people. Let's just say I'm a lightweight when it comes to speed, or I have low tolerance... I can enjoy 50mph just as easily as anyone else can enjoy 85... I like slow corners, like corners where you're leaned over but at 30-45mph instead of 104. And yeah, he is part of the Ducati group I was telling you about. Scared everyone shitless when all he posted on Facebook was a photo of him in a neck brace thanking Allah for giving him a second chance
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote