View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2017, 11:31 AM   #121
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
This is clearly tied into not having enough mid corner reference points (as you recently discovered) but it is also tied into not looking at them soon enough. Think about it like this, if you were certain of where you wanted to be mid corner BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY TURNED THE BIKE, how much more confident would you be at turn entry? How much more consistent would your entry speed be?

1st step will be finding good consistent mid corner reference points, either the apex or as discussed in blind apex corners something BEFORE to lead you to the apex.

step 2 is the timing of WHEN you look at those new mid corner reference points. What happens if you look for them too late? What happens if you look at them at the SAME time you turn the bike?

How might things be different if you looked at those RP's BEFORE You actually turned the bike?

@Misty,
You will have to give me a little time to run this thru my brain before I can give you more than a guess as an answer. I will think about this and get back to you when I have worked this out.

Ant

Really like all the people hitting me with these questions. Helps me really focus on this issue and work out the answer from angles I would not have tried on my own.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote