View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2017, 08:22 AM   #80
daverdfw
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgold View Post
Not playing with words, but IMO it's important to recognize that the seam/sealer was not what caused you to crash. It was how you rode over it that caused you to crash. As racers I think that it is very important to be as objective as possible when assessing events that happen along with our role in them.

Also speaking of sealer and Pirelli vs. Dunlop. I did little brake-check test rides along the sealer covered drive behind my townhouse last year on the Pirellis and noticed nothing unusual. Did the same thing this year (actually more gently) on the Dunlop A 13 SP and the front immediately started to slide at not much more than a walking pace. Now some of that is because of the harder center section on the A-13, but the point: There is still a compromise that may cost you when you make a choice such as feel at the expense of grip.

Another note: Dropping the hot pressure about 1 psi (to 32) seemed to help reduce the chatter I was running into at the previous race weekend.

oh for sure, its because I didn't cross over it and ran into it. It was a poor line choice on my end. I think I am probably to the pace and point of my riding where Pirelli's might have saved me there. IN the end it was rider error. I was running 32/30 hot off warmers. I had 0 warning, I hit that spot and immediately lost the front.
daverdfw is offline   Reply With Quote