View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2018, 10:40 PM   #39
Zww1019
ninjette.org member

Name: Zak

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
[*]Power goes out on the red wire and back into the starter button.[*]Then out on the black/red and into Diode B.[*]Out on the blue wire and into the starter circuit relay.[*]Yellow/red is power out of the relay into the solenoid.[/LIST]
You should be able to check for 12V between any of those points and ground, to figure out where the breakdown in the circuit is.

If the bike starts and runs when jumpering the solenoid, you know that the parts necessary for the bike to run are working. The red wire out of the kill switch also feeds the coils, so you know everything works up to #5.

At this point, it has to be the starter button, diode B, the starter circuit relay, or the wiring between those. If you have power on black/red when pushing the starter button, the button is good. If you also have power on blue, you know the diode is also good.
I’m confused here; with the steps after 5. Which black/red and blue wire are you talking about? In the back of my ignition button there is a yellow/red and a red wire. In the back of my starter relay there is a yellow/red, black/yellow and white wire (only the white wire from the starter relay has power with or without the ignition button pressed). (Edit: and both wires from the ignition button have power, so we know that It is good)

Last futzed with by Zww1019; July 18th, 2018 at 04:36 AM.
Zww1019 is offline   Reply With Quote