View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #135
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Name: Saint

Motorcycle(s): 2009 KAW Ninja250r

My first 2009 I had it for 5 days and I just hit 960ish km and I had my accident. Rider error? Nope. Faulty motorcycle? Nope.

I was dark and it had just finished raining. 4 lane road with a centermedian. No cars ahead of me...no cars behind. I'm scanning...out of nowhere 15 to 20 feet <-FEET in front of me I see coming from right to left (Japan drives on the left side of the road) a bumper.....a side door....it's a van!!! BAM! Flying...I'm flying...I hit the road...I'm unconscious...I'm awake...I'm sliding...I'm unconscious again...BAM I hit the centermedian with my head and I'm awake.

Long story short...nothing I could have done to prevent this but I did everything right to help lessen the damage...before even getting on the motorcycle..during the accident and after the accident.

Helmets don't have to be expensive to save your life, they just need to be DOT approved and a personal preferrence of mine that they also be SNELL approved. And if you're interested...yes, I walk like Dr. House now with a nice limp, lots of physical therapy, nasty scars, broken bones and arthritis because of a driver THAT DID AN ILLEGAL U-TURN AT NIGHT WITH NO FREAKIN HEADLIGHTS ON!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 433.jpg (174.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 435.jpg (99.7 KB, 8 views)
SaintJPN is offline   Reply With Quote