View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:09 PM   #468
azimmer11
ninjette.org sage

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Progressive was the cheapest for me too, but I'm only paying $160 a year. Or was that a typo and you meant to say "year" and not "month"? Have you had a bunch of wrecks and DUI convictions? Or is your only crime that you are 19?

I suggest you look at the breakdown of your policy and find out the specific coverage that is costing so much and see if you can eliminate or modify it. I dumped collision on mine for that reason. Basically, about 60% of all motorcycle accidents are caused by cagers who are required to carry liability insurance. As long as they don't run off, I can get their insurance to fix my bike.

I got an estimate at geico, and they were almost the worst at almost $1200 year. The part that drove up their policy was uninsured motorist protection and collision was reasonable. So each company is different.

Also, and I don't know if this is true or not, but some insurance companies go by the bike's cc's when figuring the rate. Make sure you put the TRUE Ninja cc's which is 249cc NOT 250cc. They may have some kind of chart:

0-249cc = good rate
250 - 499 = bad rate
500 up = really bad rate

I hear they also go by credit rating too, but I'm not sure to what extent.
my record is completely clean. never been pulled over or been in an accident. im pretty sure its only because i am 19
azimmer11 is offline   Reply With Quote