View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2015, 07:42 AM   #119
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

so, after too many holdbacks and unpredictable events in my life, this is not a dead project.... I haven't been able to ride my bike for a long time because of a number of things going on which are of no need to mention here...
anyway... time to move on...
all this time I have been pretty busy... on one hand I had to use sth else as my everyday means of in-town transportation...
so I got cheap an old, dumped yamaha tw200 and got down to work...
I switched the whole front system with a 2-stroke yamaha tdr250's which had been sitting in a backyard for ages, changed oil and seals, took the rear brake system too, switched to 2,5" and 3,5" inch spoke wheels for front and rear, new steel lines, a donator Z-750 for front master cylinder and rear shock and some 125 2-stroke racing slick tyres and I have my tinymotard thing ready....
pics some time later on...
now to the chase...

after about 1k miles of riding I started noticing some strange clinging noise from the valves and a mild drop of performance... so i decided to take it apart and have it inspected... the results were sth totally unexpected...
I will give you thorough info about it, for now the engine is resting at my mechanic's store and ready to be put back together...
Shawn's turbo project write-up have been inspiring and helpful, I am most probably going to use the '13-'15 zx6r's exhaust valve springs too...
what i can tell you for now and show you with pics is to definetely STAY AWAY from the kuwahara big block kit whether it is for a 250 or a 300 engine....

special thanks to @cuong-nutz both for helping me out by sending me an excellent condition used 300 head, @garth285 for all the precious info concerning springs, studs etc and @Somchai for support and guiding through rough times. I really appreciate it guys !!

will give food for debate soon...