View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2015, 11:37 AM   #101
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Ok guys, I know I've been away for a while but I really needed to gather myself back together....
I've managed to get back to finishing up the bike, mostly to keep my mind busy with other things...
I managed to get it started, checked for leakage of oil or liquids, connected the autotune and set a zero map on the PC V to start over the fuel setting process...
I did a few miles around town, mostly to get the parts "bonded" together and get some fuel values, as well as to double check for leakage or any operation abnormalities....
It is weird...so far it seems a complete success performance-wise (can't say anything about reliability though) but I am not thrilled beecause I can't feel happy even if I had been waiting for that so long...
Anyway...here are my first impressions which you will be soon able to see for yourselves...

While having to break-in a bit the engine and operating it up to 8k prm (with the 300 internal gearing and a 14/41 final), the engine feels very "punchy" from 3k on but very linear too...I can't really express it in words but I will give you sth that some of you might have experience with...the engine feels exactly like a gixxer 750, only missing a couple of cylinders !!
It is very quick-revving, torquey and sounds a bit beefier than 250/300 stocks

I am still working on it; fairings will not be in place for a while, cables are hanging all over it, it is full of dust and dirt since it has been sitting in the garage for so many months and I won't bother cleaning it up before it is all set...

important things I have noticed during those first 50 km I have been riding it...
well for one it has come as a big surprise the engine is not overheating ! that oil cooling system of the 300 has nothing to do with the 250 predecessor...no need for extra radiator (at least not yet) or oil cooler...
second is I definetely must use even larger injectors ! I have seen values up to "106" on the PC cells to get it to the right ratio...I set it to "85" for now and tomorrow or by next week will fit some bigger ones...
I must admit that I have been operating it with filter pods for now but will test a lot to decide the final intake form...
the exhaust system seems to be doing its job just fine...
there is no oil steaming from the case breather even when temp goes really high...
it needs no effort whatsoever to get the front wheel in the air with 1st gear without using the clutch...
base CR is 12,55:1 after all...static is 230 psi when cold
I really don't know how this will go on but its performance is beyond what I had been expecting
I have promised you some video so I will soon upload sth from my first ride...

ps: I noticed Shawn has progressed on his turbo successfully too and I hope Bruce and Eric have too...I have a lot of catching up to do...
thank you for your understanding and your supporting e-mails