View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2015, 03:06 AM   #117
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
Nick since I know you'll always be looking for the most possible high revs let me give you some little information, but please keep in mind that I don't know if the measurements are exactly the same to fit your engine.
The Kwaki EL250B from the technical infos should be the same like our 2-fiddy, with one difference, it is an air-cooled, but bore and stroke look the same and the engine should rev higher, so this engine is using double-valve-springs (you could search in the bay for "kawasaki el 250 zylinderkopf").
Good luck for your next steps
well, the measurements are not the same, since the oldgen engine had a totally different cam and overall head design...it is a bike that was very popular in Greece, there are tons of salvage parts and its major flaw was that the very radical rectangular cam design was prone to premature wear...
I have come to a halt in my progress at the moment since it is a priority to repair my friend's engine I managed to damage so when I am through with that I will share all of my progress... breaking-in is almost over but not using the bike at the moment since the weather here is not at its best...