View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2023, 01:15 PM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, I got the drivers liscnses, but still need to go back for the motorcycle knowledge test... as I failed that one 3 times...( didn't bother studying for it)
it seems the test has changed dramatically sense I was a kid.... and I suppose that is a good thing. but the way they said to cross railroad tracks back when I was a kid is different than it is today.... today they say drive straight accross them... when I was a kid it was zig zag so you aproach the tracks as close to 90 degrees as possable.... if you put that answer down you miss that question.... and there are many more like that
like cornering and riding with a passenger ....more than enough to miss the entire test
...I've read the booklet from cover to cover again and think I got it... but we shall see
I think I will go down tomorrow and do the test again and try to get it over with !
.... the test now days has to do with their idea of how you should ride not so much about the laws...... i find that very strange but par for the course for California !
one thing in particular that I dissagree on is how to start your corner.... they say to start your corner from the center of your lane..... I disagree completely you start the corner from as close to the white line as you can get.... this gives you maximum visibility you are seen easier and gives you more road if something goes amiss they say the same for the center of the lane which is wrong.... but you can't dispute it... you just answer it the way they want you too .... seems trivial, but it is not to me, now we have at least one maybe 2 generations that have been told how to start a corner completely wrong..... however I know once you get your license no one ever looks at the drivers handbooks ever again... so that is their saving grace....
oh well.... it's california DMV after all a criminal orgination that extorts money from every driver in the state, when it is your RIGHT as a human being to drive if you so choose.... the DMV was started to curtail car thiefts.... look what it has evolved into now. it's a privilege not a right and that privilege can be taken away....
a good thing I suppose as i don't want to be taken out by a drunk driver so it's probably a good thing all in all..... leave it to the government to misconstrue something and call it correct.... just like our 2nd amendment rights . guarantied by the constitution but denied by Newsom and his pack of idiots.... this state is circling the drain rapidly !
Bob....