View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #8
Neema12
ninjette.org member

Name: Neema

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:
Um, you do realize that the ninja is a Kawi, right? Why are you looking at Honda gear?
If a good Honda jacket is at a price I can afford Ill wear it until I can afford otherwise

Quote:
you should buy the best gear.. its only going on your body.. so i think you should spend a little more..
I know, I a stressing because I WANT to own the best gear and am willing to wear used or off color gear but just don't have a huge budget. I bought a bike that isn't completely running and in the process of fixing it... basically... money is tight but I have a passion for bikes and wanted to start somewhere.

I am almost contemplating waiting to ride until I can afford good gear

I visited my local shop today and tried on tons of stuff. I spent nearly 4 hours in the store asking questions and getting all my info down. I found out I am actually a size 40 jacket. All the gear I liked was super expensive. The Alpinestars jackets I felt confident riding in were ranging from $300-500

I feel overwhelmed with the large amount of information about gear online and cant seem to find a balance between reasonably priced gear and something that is good/safe to wear.
Neema12 is offline   Reply With Quote