View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2017, 08:40 PM   #1
malignity
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 1996 WR250Z, 2010 Ninja 250r

Another carb issue. Missing hose?

Hey guys, first post. Been browsing a lot though and got a ton of help from the forum thus far.

Got a 2010 ninja from a friend. 9100 miles. Took it on trade. Bike ran great supposedly when it sat 3 years ago.

I tore apart the carbs, cleaned them (for real) and got 3 year old stone hard varnish out of the left pilot and bowls. The rest were pretty good.

Long story short, figured out the carbs were hooked up wrong previously due to the diagrams on this page, and the bike would immediately die after giving it gas, but would idle just fine. Hooked them up right and it would finally rev, but if I cracked the throttle instead of rolling slowly it would still die. I did the whole hide and seek game with starting fluid spraying around in various areas to find the leak. I rev uncontrollably when spraying between the carbs. I noticed there's a spring connecting them above the sync linkage, and appears to be a hose connection that goes between them, but no hose. My guess is there's supposed to be a hose inside that spring connecting them as that's exactly where I'd spray and it would rev to the moon with starting fluid. I didn't touch anything else other than rerouting the right way.

Can anyone verify there's supposed to be a hose there? She's pretty close it seems but screams when starting fluid is sprayed there. Wondering also if I'll need to sync after. I just pulled the jets out through the bowl and cleaned them and the various oorts, nothing else in regards to setting changes. Also fresh gas, a can of B-12 chem tool (my favored over Seafoam) and new cold weather plugs according to manual.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about, between the green lines. Thanks!

Last futzed with by malignity; March 10th, 2017 at 07:24 AM.
malignity is offline   Reply With Quote