View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2010, 04:43 AM   #13
Seattle_Chris
Newb since 10/2009

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE. Slowly morphing to ADV bike. :D

Two weeks ago or so I took the ferry from Seattle to one of the islands, then took 101 around the Peninsula, down into Oregon, across through The Dales, up to Maryhill to finally see the little Stonehenge, up through Yakima, over I90 through the pass and back to home over 3 days, stealth camping along the way.

I-90 at any rate didn't have a single trace of snow. We've been having wonderful weather this spring. A couple weeks ago it was about 60 degree highs, 40 something lows. Gotta love El Nino.

I just wore long johns and dragin' jeans was was nice and toasty most of the time and a couple layers up top. Nothing drastic. It got pretty nippy going into dusk on my fingers. I'm a cold fingers person though. If you got heat, it'll come in handy, if you don't, you'll survive.

For 100% sure, bring rain gear. That far out it's impossible to say what kind of weather we're gonna have, but rain is HIGHLY likely. It wouldn't be uncommon to have frost in the lowlands and snow up higher, but this year I'm pretty sure we're done with freezing weather. But of course Western Washington is one of the hardest to predict (weather wise) places in the world.

I was up in Mt. Rainier Natl. Park about a month ago scoping out this years camping spots and made it most of the way to Crystal Lodge and didn't see any snow their either.

So I'm betting you'll have a good trip come April in the low 60's. If we do a pool, I got $5 on 63 degrees.
Seattle_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote