View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #11
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Hmm thanks for the replies so far guys!

I guess now im thinking about it... i need to Add more notes about on what i need a tank bag for, Size/Cargo needs!

I also have a plain backpack, but i only got it as a cheap quick alt, for carrying extra things with me. Backpacks SUCK for trips... you just have 5 lbs in it... over 100+miles (like my summer camping trip to Caseville proved) causes quite abit of PAIN and discomfort!

#1 size of bag that is BIG enuff to carrry as much as possible for nice long trips, where ill need to bring clothes and stuff to spend the night at a hotel, etc!

#2 size... as above, but a bag SMALL enuff where it WONT make turning NOT a issue! Also... (mostly just while in Neutral in parking lots, backing up,etc, that kinda thing)...

I measured my Scorpion EXO 400/700 Visor & its roughly 9"L x 10"W (flexed in alil if need...) then measures 9-9.5"W x 5"H.

#3 So i need a tank bag at LEAST small enuff to FIT my visor in. (cant afford a EXO-1000 or other top end helmets with BUILT-IN Inner Visor,sunglasses)

#4 I Want afew side pockets (if they dont add terrible size to the bag and give it turning/handlebar issues) for a water bottle,sunglasses (when off bike),cell phone,etc!

Other uses are like carring my lunch to work, or if i stop at a Subway, enuff room to toss in the 5 5 5 dolla FOOT LONG, chips , 20 oz.Pop and still have enuff room for my spare Visor, etc, etc! ( I cant wear sunglasses under my helmet with my CLEAR VISOR ON, too much pressure on my temples ) Sooo i have to use the DARK SMOKE VISOR during the day!

The one i really like on ebay is the Scoyco 2 Pc. mag tank bag. 14"L x 12"W x 9"H (+6" more with top bag also zipped on). It has side pockets and a map pocket. $35.95+ S&H. great price for this tank bag... but as i stated in my OP, the 14"L x 12"W concerns me... id hate to buy it, put it on.. only to find out the FIT just isnt for my 250R's tank.. ya know?

and ummm.... hmmm
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote