adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Okay...

Comments:

- Little extra side pockets/supplemental zip-off bags/etc. are way overrated IMHO. They wind up limiting you. It's really, REALLY not a problem to just reach into the main bag and grab what you need. I base this on a two-week, 2,600 mile trip on my Ninjette, so I'm not blowing smoke... I have real-world experience. See my rant about a zillion pockets in the review of the Bags Connection tail bag.

- The Axio bag is definitely large enough for a visor. And a six-pack of, er, "soda" in bottles if that's your thing. At the same time. You can do realistic small-scale (e.g. 2-3 days worth) grocery shopping with this bag.

During my trip, in this bag I carried:
Visor
Sunscreen
Cell phone
Earplugs (lots)
Maps (like, half a dozen standard road maps, which aren't small)
Owner's manual
Lens wipes (lots)
Pens
Tire gauge
Passport
Owner's manual
Electronics stuff (cell phone charger, ipod w/cable, etc. etc.)
About a dozen AA batteries
Camera
Wallet
Prescription sunglasses in a honkin' huge hard case
Baseball cap
Big fat keyring
Medications
Flashlight
Knife
Multi-tool

All this was with the bag collapsed, and there was plenty of room left over. When I'd get to the hotel at the end of the day I'd just dump the contents, head to the store for food and such and stick it all in the bag.

I never, not once, needed more space. I never, not once, felt the bag was too big and in the way.

IMHO a too-small bag is just frustrating. A bag that carries all you need, every time, is the right size.

- The Axio bag does not interfere with handling, comfort, gauge visibility or anything else in any way whatsoever, EXCEPT....

If you go to full-lock right, you will depress the starter button. I don't see this as a drawback, because once I discovered it I just didn't go to full lock on that side. It has not been a problem for me at all.

I'm not wedded to this bag per se, but it's plenty big enough, looks good, converts to a backpack, has the great (in my eyes) virtue of simplicity and is rigid so I can rest my chest on it during long highway stretches and gain some comfort.

I shouldn't have bought the blue one. It doesn't match well. Should have gone black or carbon.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote