View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2019, 02:26 PM   #20
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Progress, dare I say?

I warmed up the engine last night and shut if off then it wouldn't start, as expected. I tried re-starting it after opening up the gas cap (heard no squeal or whoosh) and no change. Then I check for spark and both coils produced a nice strong spark.

I began to strip off a few things off to access the valves in the morning and noticed the left airbox boot was not fully seated at the bottom. Coincidentally this is the same cylinder that appeared to be a bit lean when inspecting the plug. I moved the aibox as far forward as I could (not enough for my satisfaction) and re-seated both airbox boots to the carbs. By then my battery was dead.

I charged up the battery this morning, warmed up the engine and then shut if off. I re-started 3 times in a row so I think that may have been the problem. That leads me to one more question:

What is the carb intake diameter?

I want to replace the airbox boot springs with crew-on hose clamps. my boots have become a bit "loose" and the airbox just isn't sitting fore enough despite wrestling it around. I figure tight screw-on hose camps should satisfy me that there is a solid air-tight seal.