View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2022, 09:34 PM   #4
MikeCL
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): ‘04 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
I was given a motorcycle in terrible shape and without a title. In NC, you need to jump through a few hoops that aren't too bad, and I was able to get it on the road in about 3 days from when I started the process.

Lots of guys use the Vermont method of getting a title. Here's one of the many descriptions of how to do it: https://cartitles.com/how-to-use-the...vehicle-title/

The so-called title services that charge a couple hundred bucks just do the Vermont method and charge a big markup.

It might be wise to check the engine's compression to uncover possible major problems like a broken piston before you buy the motorcycle, unless you're OK with doing that kind of work or replacing the engine. Also get the VIN and be sure the bike isn't stolen. Your local DMV or police station should be able to at least verify that it wasn't stolen in your state. A phone call to Vermont would be a good idea too, if you want to use that title method.

Welcome to the board, Mike!
Thanks!

Wow this is the first I’ve ever heard of this I’m still debating on this but the price makes it kinda hard to pass up but how does a bike with that low of miles end up in that condition?
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote