View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2022, 09:37 PM   #19
blanzer
ninjette.org member

Name: Nicholas

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
we are referencing both the pilot screws? At 3.5-4 turns out each? If so, I'd submit the needed overly rich settings are in compensation for constricted pilot passageways. They are tiny, clog quite easily. No secret these carbs are difficult to clean properly. Correct pilot screw settings should be nearer to 2 1/2 turn out, idle should be near to 1100-1200 with correct tuning.

Repair/correct the electrical end of things first.....then tuning.
Electrical is resolved. Bike is running horrible still lol. Had to idle at 2k with both screws at 4.5 turns out. Not to mention it won’t idle perfectly until it’s really hot. But that may be normal. Turns right on though. Sometimes when riding and then stopping it also drops the idle and dies if I don’t give it throttle. Think it’s really just clogged pathways? I didn’t use any copper wire so possibly? Is there a way to know when it’s clean when cleaning? Cuz I had carb cleaner and air blowing through everything. Soaked in chem dip for a day. Took them completely apart. All o rings and everything were replaced or still in good condition. Any other tips? I know I should use that other machine but don’t have access to one right now. Hopefully I have a good month of work and I can maybe afford a week off to ship them to you cuz I’m over it lol
blanzer is offline   Reply With Quote