View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #58
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Name: Mo

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Green/Black/White Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotgeorge747 View Post
I think I may go with OEM parts from a dealer here ordered online and picked up there so I dont have to pay for shipping. My biggest issue is the side fairings as the left has MANY scratches and a crack from my drop. The right fairing as well as the others on the bike are scracthed from the previous owner. The side fairings are about $230 each. The front cowling is like $183 but I think the 2 scratchs that are about 1 inch long on the left side MIGHT be able to be repaired for less than that price. Also the scratches on my rear fairings can prolly be fixed but if not those are $50 each side. So if I just go with the 2 main fairings its gonna be about $460 and worst case I replace everything is like $700. This way it will be an EXACT paint match and direct replacement. The ebay thing is a real gamble because if it isnt right then you can return it but you pay the return shipping to CHINA! Not to mention I have been reading horror stories of paint match/quality issues, fitment almost never being exact, and melting/cracking issues.

Hopefully I can spend the $460 on the side fairings and find someone to do the touchup paint for the other areas for about $100. That would be about the same price as getting the ebay crap shipped and staying all OEM.
Well, I'm sure if you get the OEM parts, you can sleep soundly about it all. Make sure you get those frame sliders to go with though - wouldn't want to go through all this again anytime soon because of a small slip.
Little_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote