View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2023, 08:22 PM   #170
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I think if you do that Danno you get the title of Dirty Old Man ! and you don't want that !
all the old ladys will swarm you on the street ! LOL
Sorry, sorry I couldn't resist !
anyway.... I was right ...I forgot to plug in the sending unit on the gastank ....
pulled off the side cover and there they were setting side by side not connected !
like DUH !
so I plugged them together and put the side cover back on to cover them up turned on the choke and hit the starter and it fired up before the first revolution !
.... I drove alot today so I am kind'a beat so I'll take it for a joy ride tomorrow and see how she preforms.... I have a feeling I have awakened a monster !
there is a bit of grumbling around the 4k and 5k range but that is also when it's cold as I never run it long.... so I think that will go away when she warms up from 6k up it never misses a beat or even sounds like it's strugling before it sounded like it was straining to reach the higher RPM now it doesn't sound like that so Gordons work probably is exactly what the doctor ordered ! ....
so I was setting there listening to the Ninja run and watching the gas gauge climb to full..... that is a nice feature to have on a bike....a gas gauge ! ... my XR650L doesn't have one of those ! ( frown)....
Bob.....