Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Side streets the whole way, stay off the freeway
+1

When I first got my bike, I did some putting around the apartment complex before I took the MSF and I also drive a manual transmission car so the basics came pretty easy. That being said, my first trip out on the street was still quite an experience. You're more exposed than in a car and you'll likely see things differently.

Also depending on the kind of person you are, you might take to it slower or quicker than others. I think I could've probably ridden my bike home from the guy I bought it from but I have a co-worker who recently bought a bike afterwards and he had a much slower learning process and was afraid of just regular street riding. Even now, the highways still scare him and he avoids them like the plague and just rides side roads everywhere. I, on the other hand, jumped onto the highway my first night out just to test it out. It was pretty scary the first couple times to say the least but after a few more times and getting used to the wind and the speed, I now love it. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for your first ride back home though. Get used to the bike around the dealership and then take it slow and easy and make your way home. Remember what you've learned and don't rush and I think you'll be ok.