Thread: 1964 Dream 305
View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2016, 08:48 AM   #1
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
1964 Dream 305

Here's some pix of my current project, a '64 Honda CA77 Dream 305 -

I've owned it for over 20 years. That's easy to remember, because I started taking it apart when my oldest boy was born. He's now 20...

I've been digging through boxes of parts I haven't seen in 20 years, and finding a few surprises. Just found that I have a set of the correct gold wing tank badges I didn't know I had. Seem to have most of what i need to get it back together, but there are a few areas that need some minor paint work first (that's why i took it apart in the first place).

CA77s aren't super-rare or anything, but this one is special because of how original it is - and will be when completed. I would say it's going to be about 95% original when done, with the exception of a few repainted areas and maybe the seat cover. Even the tires are original! Hard to believe they are not all cracked by now, but they are pretty good. Not planning any road trips or anything, but all the replacements are either blackwall or wide-whitewalls that don't look right.

I've got about 3/4 of it cleaned and detailed, and plan to fire it up after doing the paintwork. Luckily, I have a set of the correct original Honda mufflers that would probably be difficult to get now. Need to order a few things, but it looks like what I need is out there.

Here I am on it back-in-the-day -

People always tell me I looked just like Elvis...
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.