View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #25
EF5.0
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Vulcan 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiKid860 View Post
Sorry I tend to be a bit touchy when it comes to getting specs 100% correct lol. Seems like you have the right idea there though, definitely get lots of experience. I'm really glad I started on my 500, we've had lots of adventures and a few misadventures together and I still love her despite owning something soooooo much better now. While yours is different I'm sure you'll come to feel the same way about it! I wonder how starting on a cruiser affects a persons learning curve vs starting on a sport bike?

Not sure on the learning curve. My plan is to probably buy a sports bike once I feel confident enough to do so, and when I get this one paid off :P

I'm sure there will be a leaning curve when switching.

I love it. I've ridden a total of 100 miles so far haha so still a lot of time to go before I can comment on the bike itself in depth. One thing I have noticed is cruising at 55-60 (two lane highway) seems like its still high in the rpm, which is good since its a revvy engine, but just feels different. I'm sure I'll get use to it.

Just did my oil change today, Castrol gtx (conv.) and Purolator filter. Also it rained after I finished the oil change so I cleaned and relubed the chin.
EF5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote