View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2019, 07:12 PM   #62
magoostah
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Megumi

Motorcycle(s): EX300

Hi we just tried to install this kit on my EX300 and was unable to get the bike with the FactoryPro detent arm and spring installed to shift past 2nd gear while the bike was stationary (and back wheel was being manually spun). I was able to shift through 2nd when I tested the stock detent arm and the FactoryPro spring, but not with the FactoryPro intentionally larger detent arm. After speaking on the phone with the FactoryPro support, he stated that the Kawasaki's don't shift above 1st if the bike's rear wheel is not spinning (he said the bike needs to be moving for it to spin fast enough to engage) due to the steel balls that sit on the transmission output shaft that are by design some kind of safety thing so that you can't shift into 2nd while bike stationary.

Did anyone of you who successfully installed the kit notice this "issue" when testing the shifting before putting everything back together? Worried that we were overthinking it, and should have just put it back together without it being able to shift into 2nd...and it would be perfect. It is just a lot of work to have to take it apart, put it back together, and pray that it is supposed to be like that.
magoostah is offline   Reply With Quote