View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2022, 09:55 AM   #92
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yah ! I've noticed that it really likes 9k RPM.... but most of the time I keep it a long way down from that.... it just makes me nervous to turn an engine that tight.... sure it can handle that all day but I'd be a nervous Wreck at the end of that ride.......HAHAHAH !
....I've often wondered if I could actually enjoy riding at those incredibly high RPMS of 20k..... that would be like riding a turbine to me ! I don't think so !
just as well go electric at that rate.... there is no piston feel at those speeds
just a constant even pull.....
I like that piston feel myself ....it's hard on your butt and hands though but
I like the feel when accelerating out of a turn at say 5,000 RPM and she squats and starts to feel her oats....
I remember shifting down coming into a sharp hairpin turn on stagecoach road
and got to the apex and saw a clear road and the RPM was near 8k
when I nailed it, it was accelerating to say the least, got it to 12k and shifted
and buddy that little bike hauled ! from that point on I had nothing but respect for that 250 as I had ridden 650cc bikes that could not hold a candle to that ! ....
I can't but wonder what that would be like if it only weighed 200lbs !
I wonder if I could actually hold on !?!?!?!
I just don't think you could remove that much weight and still have it function as it does.

LOL
.... fun stuff !
Bob......