View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2023, 03:06 PM   #104
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

one thing is for sure...for me the 2012 Kawasaki 250R is the hardest bike to work on I have ever owned ! hands down ! .... the next I guess would be My New RX4 it's no walk in the park but a bunch better than the Ninja ! ... but at least it has adjustable valves and not shims ! those shims are a royal pain in the butt !
.... but it sure is a fun ride !
....I wanted a Ninja 250R sense they came out with that different rear fairing by the rear seat and I saw the small glove box under the rear seat...i thought that was so cool ! I put my tools in it so nothing else will fit but it is neat ! HAHAHAH!
once we sold the Ranch and I finally had some spending money I started looking on creg's list for a bike I was leaning toward a DR650 Suzuki but I could not find one.... and then this bike showed up the guy wanted a terrible price for it $4000.00 and I thought that was outrageous. but I wanted it as it was my favorite color too Kowie Green.... I called them and told them I had no truck
but he said he would deliver it for the $4000. so I said bring it .... it started so I bought it !
the next 3 weeks were cleaning the carbs so it would run right.... I finally got it running real good and took it out on some twisties
and I fell in love with it ...... but changes were definitely in order 9kRPM at 70mph wouldn't cut it... as that is my cruising speed
so a 16t front and 41 rear fixed that.... and that also cured the shifting 4 times before you got to 30 mph ! then I started looking into lowering it more... and I am real glad I did ...it's alot funer now for me ! being short suks ! especially sense everything is 32"~34" seat height now.... it didn't used to be that way !!!
but the bike has less than 5500 miles on it and is in pristine shape so I am happy ! but it's a bitch to work on ! LOL
I later bot a box of damaged fairings from the same people they had 2- 250's the other one was bright Red
so if I screw up and dump it I have extra plastic for it ! some pieces are chewed up and others perfect but for 100 bucks I could not pass it up !

Bob.......

Bob........