View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:57 AM   #81
jfauerba
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): '09 Red Ninja 250r

Have not crashed/dropped mine YET. Took MSF class 11/08 (never sat on a motorcycle before that), Got my 09 and my license same month. Got 8,200 under my belt so far. Had 4 close calls all within the first 8 months:
1. souped up old Honda pulled out in front of me, first and only time I locked the front brakes
2. turn bike around in parking lot at less than 1 MPH and grab the front break on full locked turn. I almost was not strong enough to stop it from falling
3. I was on a city road, past a old guy on the left while I was in the left turn lane, as I was slowing to make a left, he pulls up with his drivers door next to me and then merged into my lane. Luckily nobody was coming the other way.
4. exit ramp with to ramps come down to two lanes with a V just before they merged followed another car (target fixation) off into the V doing about 10MPH which was very bumpy and grab my break. Weaved a lot but kept it up.

Remember there are two kinds of riders, ones that have dropped/crashed, and ones that have not dropped/crash YET.
jfauerba is offline   Reply With Quote