View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #119
BlueThunder18
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Took my first spill today... I'm in the within 6 months range...but by the slimmest of margins...1 month and 1 day lol. Also hit 1000 miles earlier in the day...going down in mile 1019. Decided to try out a route someone posted here that takes you up around Bear Mountain, through some twisties and then on a dirt road through a park.
I'd say I got about halfway through the dirt road without incident when I came down a steep hill with a sharp curve to the right curve and hit a deep pile of gravel and rocks. Front tire started to slide and down I went on the left side of the bike. Thank god for my gear - particualrly my pants with knee pads and my gloves.
Mirror slightly scratched but moved at the pivot point causing no real damage, left signal popped off (great design!), which I was able to re-attatch with no apparant damage, and am just left with a slight crack in the fairing and a bunch of scratches - although many buffed out so it's not too terrible. Guess I'll stick to the pavement.

This was about a mile later where the dirt road was much more stable so I could stop to assess the damage.

Not too bad after a little work...
BlueThunder18 is offline   Reply With Quote