View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2014, 11:52 PM   #3
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

excited about your project Shawn !!
300 TBs are an excellent choice for feeding the 250 (32mm instead of ecotron's and 250's oem 28mm)

just one thing arouses my curiosity....I know for sure that those con rods are the weak spot of this engine, so question is: are you going to stick to the "low budget" side of your project and keep those fragile rods and if yes how do you plan for them to withstand an amount of boost capable of 75rwhp, which is the goal you have set yourself OR use some carillo etc rods to ensure that there will be a better reliability factor and possibly long-life success of your project??

I can't tell how good engineers are in Indonesia but all efforts at turbocharged 55+rwhp didn't last more than a few dyno runs or the break in-A/F ratio tuning stage... so now they stick somewhat around 45 but with almost double the stock engine's torque...

anyway, I really wish you every success !! I'm looking forward to more info and photos of your progress...