View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2014, 04:11 PM   #14
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce71198 View Post
Heres another thing to consider, when My head gasket blew it was between the two cylinders. I dont think any amount of clamping force would have prevented it. O ring the block? If your turboing it your going to have high cylinder pressure to contain.
Bruce I am still thinking about that because I am going to use even bigger psitons than yours and they are going to be that close to one another...
So please tell me a couple of things to have into consideration...
1. you did check the head and cylinder block for warp before rebolting them together ?
2. did the gasket you used have two separate "gas sealing" circles, one for each piston or did they merge into one in the middle ??
3. did you use a special order gasket or did you open up a factory one ?
4. did you use any kind of sealant on it ?? (eg copper stuff or some kind of glue ??)
5. is there any posibility that the piston bumping at the squish point onto the head's surface, could have "lifted" the head so that it would let heat and gas find a weak point and make it through there little by little ??

I am trying to diagnose your engine's problem not only because I really want you to make this work, but also because I am probably going to encounter similar problems with my project to come...I am already thinking of keeping CR at 13:1 at the most...maybe even less...
how are things going over there for you ?? any progress ?? put it back together yet or did the damage ruin some parts ?? (hope not the JEwels...)