View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2014, 06:55 PM   #16
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): Turbo Ninja 250

I will probably just be doing the mile events and will most likely be doing the testing in "Mexico" to see what top speed we can get outta her.

As for cooling I will be running an oil cooler but E85 will help keep this engine VERY cool. My 300hp buss used to run hot as can be and running E85 I gained 30hp and my temps stay way lower.

I am looking into getting the block or cal head o-ringed but its actually pretty hard to find someone who is able to do so. Most of the o-ring tools don't fit on such small bore engines.

As far as studs I'm with you about getting into that can of worms!!! I am not going to open this motor until I pop it and then I will most likely just buy a spare engine for about $300 bucks....

Honestly if I can get say 10 passed out of a motor I'd be happy lol... this is a budget build and I'm not looking to spend $800 in rods when I can buy a whole motor so cheap and just tune it pretty close to.. uhhh not happy I guess you can say it?

I have quite a bit of tuning experience in boosted engines and how to get a bike to go fast. I honestly think even if I ran lower boost I'd be able to break some records.

I got the tires all mounted today, they look great, installed metal valve stems as well, took barely any weight to balance them. I can't get over how damn heavy that small rear wheel is!!! But yet again I'm used to magnesium wheels
garth285 is offline   Reply With Quote