View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #24
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth285 View Post
I didnt even think about anything like that! I guess I'm still stuck on the Nikisil plated cylinders, the hayabusa guys run 1/2" studs and they just drill them out right on a drill press and never have issues..... Maybe I should grab a set of ninja 300 cylinders instead if I go this route!

For now I will be running 8mm studs though so no drilling yet!
don't say I didn't tell you so... lighter pistons and pins, graphite coating, extra heat dissipation and less compression to start with...
like our friend said, it is an open deck, which looks a bit fragile for people with car-turboing experience... but since you have already worked on a busa, you know that it is solid enough to hold the pressure you are about to go for... so, unless you are heading for 1bar+, there are other things to worry about rather than the open deck on that engine...
good you have a breakthrough with the studs... would it be possible to share some code/type or sth to give as data and ask for/look around in our domestic market ??
any other progress so far Shawn ?? I am looking forward to it...