View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2023, 04:56 AM   #8
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Been riding this exclusively since I got it. I have since got my Z back up and running, but I have yet to take it for a test ride to verify all is well. However, this little scoot has been great!

The worst gas mileage I have ever seen was when I tried to keep it in the 50+mph range. It drops into the 60's. However, if I just leave out a bit earlier, and keep the speed around 40....I can see anything from 80-95mpg, depending on how hard I twist the grip from a stop (and of course, how many stops I've made.
I usually fill it up after about 50-60 miles. I did get an MSR 30oz fuel bottle that I keep on me. I have yet to use it, but I really should start to. If it extends my range, might as well. My ONLY complaint about the bike is the tank size, 0.9 gallons is not much. A 1.5g tank would have been amazing. Still, no regrets at all!

My insurance, unfortunately, went up about $5/month with this bike. Probably because it is brand new and all that. Dunno. Oh well, still, I like it a lot. Each trip to work is 40-miles one way, so I get a lot of time on the bike.

I even had my fiancee' take it out and test ride it in a parking lot. She did great! The bike is for her afterall, I'm just breaking it in and figuring out the character of the bike, so I can relay it to her. Still, when I tried to teach her on the Z, she was very timid, almost afraid of the bike. This one she just zooms around on it like it is nothing. This was exactly what she needed.

Good thing I have the Z-125 too, it won't feel like I'm having to creep along when she gets licensed and we ride together. Sure, I'll be able to outrun her, but we will be more closely matched than a Navi and a KLR650

I'm eager to get her riding more.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote