View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #149
kevin2109dad
ninjette.org member

Name: Frederick

Motorcycle(s): the mangled motorycle Kevin2109 bought

There are not doctors all over the place this late at night. They are usually tending to emergencies and such. Therefore, there was no doctor to declare the coma over. Its not like you say "he is coming out of it" and people come rushing in. It's also a slower more gradual process to wake up from this.

And we all know there is a long road ahead as we do not know how much he remembers and how much he is damaged mentally. But he seems like he is pretty with it to me.

I can usually read people pretty well and I feel he is very with it. Keep in mind he was on some heavy sedatives while this was happening so some confusion is due to that.

He totally opens his eyes, looks at you and follows you. For a LONG time as he is engaging with you with his eyes. It is impossible for him to talk with the trach, but if that trach was not in he would have been speaking. He moves his lips and is trying to mouth words constantly.

He comprehends things, and the instructions he was following over and hour and a half are too many to list. So he can follow instruction. He asks for things (non verbal and by mouthing) He knows he was in an accident. We are just shy of having actual conversations at times. He can nod his head or shake it to indicate yes and no.

It was like having a conversation with someone that was mute and "drunk". Very interactive for a LONG time but hard to figure out exactly what he wanted or was trying to say. But definitely awake and "with it".

If anyone wants to ask a question that would indicate a "coma" ask, and I will answer honestly. I see signs of injury, confusion, frustration, etc....but not signs of coma. But I am not a doctor. Thank God I am not because I never mentioned any 90% chance of not waking up statistic!

This was not a brief awaking either where he goes back to sleep. This continued for a long time, so long that I left while Kevin Senior was interacting with him still.

Left leg is moving a ton. Left arm is still not moving that well.
kevin2109dad is offline   Reply With Quote