View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2015, 09:18 AM   #14
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
It should kick start with a dead battery.

I love the DRZ400SM in theory. I want one badly because they look like a blast. But I sat on one, and they're uber tall. You have to get the back end to squish down in order to get decent feet on the ground. For those of us who are in the 130 lb range, the back doesn't squish much. I can get one foot down comfortably or tippy toe, and I have no problem flat footing any supersport I've sat on. I'm sure I'd be fine, but it would take some learning. I now know how short ladies feel on the 250, but I still wouldn't consider lowering the bike. Instead, I'd learn to stop with one foot and get used to being so high up.
Do you really flat foot both feet when you come to a stop? I can flat foot just about every bike but I rarely have two feet on the ground when I ride. I'm more likely to put both feet down on my SV because it's a fat turd. Haha. 140 pounds heavier than my KLX. It's easy to put down just one foot on lighter bikes. The seat height thing shouldn't be that big of a deciding factor when thinking about purchasing a dual sport/SM. Hell, even if it does tip over, the worst damage to these bikes might be a little scratch if you're unlucky.

Quit making excuses and get a freakin supermoto already.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote