View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #21
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
congratulations on getting good results with high temp paint edxmon.

I'm not sure why you're getting all upitty with me, but from my experience, high temp paint doesn't work but pod filters do. So I suggested that instead of replacing a cheap can with an equally cheap can, or painting the first cheap can, that the whole thing be replaced with a system that actually works and makes an actual improvement on how the bike performs. I'm not sure what's wrong with that suggestion.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not being uppity with any one, you must be reading too much into it.

A Jisu runs $135 shipped, you suggestion implies "saving" the $5 for a can of high temp paint to buy a $300+ full system, plus jetting. Not much in net savings there.

Nothing wrong with your suggestion, but mine is an option just like yours. He already has this exhaust (slip-on), $5 isn't going to break the bank. Moreover, if he does take your suggestion and "saves the money" for a full system, painting the Jisu will only make it easier to sell and help offset the cost of whatever he decides to get.

And thanks, I'm glad my paint is still in good condition too.