View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2015, 08:27 AM   #26
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Update:

Being a bit low on cash I took @ForceofWill up on his offer. He sent his 08 rear shock to me and it arrived yesterday! It's in much better condition than I imagined it would be. My broken shock is looking pretty horrendous compared his. Mine has visible rust, wear and flaking paint. British weather? I frequently ride in the rain.

I've recently bought a Honda CBR250R rear hugger for my ninjette. I think that will help preserve my new-to-me rear shock better than my last one.

I've never picked up a motorcycle rear shock before. It felt pretty heavy. Is the Ninjette 08+ stock shock quite a heavy shock compared to many other bikes with similar shocks? Would a typical Penske replacement shock be much lighter?

Anyway: plan is to get it fitted very soon so I can enjoy faster cornering again with what remains of the summer. At a later date I'm going to upgrade my front and rear suspension to something better now that I know what a difference it makes. I'll get them tuned up nicely for my weight too.

Thanks to everyone for your help and extra thanks to Tom for the hardware!