View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2017, 06:08 AM   #31
dz0
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninjette 2006 FZ6

1- I just bought a Ninjette by driving my car, and paying for the bike. At a later time I had someone bring me back to pickup the bike. If you are riding a scooter on the street, you will be able to safely get the bike home. You have all the skills except perhaps shifting - but you will figure that out fast. Don't make this into much more than it is. Get the bike home and then practice - then take the MSF course when you can.

2 - As far as the MSF course - I was riding street for 5 or 6 years before I took the intro course and I found it useful for a few good tips. I started riding street mostly because I was forced to. I needed to get a second set of wheels but had no money - so I bought an old bike for a few hundred bucks that needed minor electrical work. I did the work and had a bike to ride that enabled me to get to work every day. I did have dirt riding experience prior to street, but it's quite a different experience IMHO. I rarely lock up the rear wheel to make corners on the street.
dz0 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.