View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2021, 05:45 PM   #24
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

I have the stock needles shimmed currently at 3mm I started at 1mm then 2mm now I am at 3 to keep it from dying but it doesn't seem to work. I am currently also at 4 or 5 turns out on the AF mixture screw. I am at 110 mains and all the caps are on the nipples we talked about before. The carbs are perfectly in sync. I did it by eye when I was first putting it all together and when the bike was hot I put the gauges on and somehow I had it in sync just by luck.. I don't have any air filters on the bike but that shouldn't really matter. I am running open intakes on the Triumph and it runs just fine. It's hot enough here right now I dont need the choke. it doesn't really do anything anyway when its this warm.

So currently:

•110 Mains (Genuine Keihin Jets)
•38 Pilots (Stock)
•All 5 vacuum nipples capped
•Carb bodies in sync
•Stock needles shimmed to 3mm
•2 Brand new float valves
•Floats set to 17mm

Thats what I have done and it just idles all over the place and takes forever to come down to idle and it will die after idling for 20-25 seconds so I'm thinking it's running out of gas with the 38 idles. It revs so I'm pretty sure the 110 is fine.

The only variable that hasn't changed is maybe getting some 42 idle jets. Surging and slow return to idle is a running lean problem so thats all I can think of. I'm definitely not lean at 110. I was pretty rich at 115 but still it ran.

42 seems big for this bike. Thats whats in the Triumph and it's a 790cc.

marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote