View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:47 AM   #6
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Assassin View Post
Well, when you enter into the lovely world of parenthood, return to this thread and see if your views change. I say this b/c 3 years ago i would have said the same thing, except worse. But after having my son i've realized its tough as hell and children have no concept of convenience. If the parent just drove an hour to get somewhere and the kid needs to be changed, go for it. If you don't like it don't look. But honestly a lot of bathrooms (especially for men) are not really the best place to change your kid, even if it has a changing table (which is rarely the case unless its a mall or something).

My son is 2 and in the process of potty training. getting him to pee in a toilet is like pulling teeth. But for some reason he enjoys peeing outside...and on things. I wouldn't let him pee on someones car. Thats pretty messed up. But i do let him go behind a tree and let loose.

The only thing that i can't tolerate is when people have a crying baby in a restraunt and they don't excuse themselves with the baby. Thats ignorant and i would kick you out of my establishment personally. You don't have to leave, just get up and step out real quick and calm the child down. I don't mean when a kid just cries for a second. I mean when they're just pitching a huge fit and screaming, etc. I see it happen allllll the time and it drives me nuts. But i've been there and i always stopped to remember how much it annoyed me. So i would grab up my son and we'd step outside or into the bathroom until he calmed down.

Not knocking you, thats just my experience and perception.
LOL. I dunno. I used to have to change diapers all the time for my youngest siblings. There's a 10 year age gap between us. It's not a pleasant experience, but I don't see the need to share that experience with anyone else. If you just drove an hour and he/she needs changing, do it in the back seat. I see lots of parents use this method. It works quite well.

I'm not going to tell you how to potty train your kid. That's between you, him, and the tree

I agree on the screaming baby. It's understandable if they're new born, but I REALLY can't stand the toddlers who are pitching a fit and just screaming while their parents ignore them in the hopes they'll shut up.