View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2021, 02:11 PM   #2
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

that actually seamed the best way to go about it....
I simply put the sprocket side on first with it's straight spacer , put the adjuster
and indicator plate on( for alignment) and put the axle in till it started to protrude past the wheel bearing on the other side...
I greased the bearings and axle too. and had a rubber mallet handy... I then put the right side spacer in and tapped the axle in enough to hold the spacer but not to protrude past the outside of the spacer... then I had to man handle the brake caliper into position I had to open up the brake pads a bit with a screw driver just to get enough room to allow the caliper part that goes over the axle to fit in there... once it was up aligned and in it's slot too I tapped the axle home with the rubber mallet. then it was in ... I put the rest of the hard ware on ( the alignment plate, washer and nut) I aligned it carefully
and then torqued it down good and hard with my 12 " crescent wrench then put the cotter pin in.
no it's not torqued to specks... but it's good enough for who it's for, it's not coming off there !
.... yah it was a P.I.T.A. but i got it done.... and that is how I did it.
just incase someone tackles taking off and putting on a rear tire on the 2012 250R Ninja....
Bob.....