View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2021, 05:43 AM   #11
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

here is a pic I took of the links under my Ninja with the adjustable lowering kit.
Keep in mind that the links are adjusted to exactly 5/8" longer than the stock dog bones....
now considering that the bearing ends can't turn you would need only one locking nut to keep the turn buckle from turning, and you could adjust the links shorter than stock.
.... there's probably a thousand ways you could shorten the links I show here
below stock length, by taking off a lock nut and grinding down the end of the
turnbuckle about 1/8" to 3/16" on each end you could probably gain an inch to an inch and a half on the shortening.... that would likely be More than you would want, but I understand the need for ground clearance in the rough !LOL.
you'll notice the link is real close to the shock spring but as the bike is compressed the action moves the spring forward ... if the link was shorter
the spring would be further away anyway and not present a problem
but I was trying to get this bike as low as I possibly could... and I lowered it 4" from it's stock position... but found the tire would hit the plastic inner fender when I hit a bump... so I went up 2 clicks on the pre load... it now sits below 30" which is stock, at 28.5"~ 29" and I like it there ! ( yah I'm short!)
but for raising the bike I see no problem at all in the rear... for the front I think you will need new forks ,wheel and such to accomplish that.
Bob.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new lowering kit.jpg (102.8 KB, 2 views)