View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2021, 09:55 AM   #12
Leonardo Lupo
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
that is because the front wheel wants to be raked out further in soft sand and soil... lowing the rear will do that to a small degree.
the Ninja has just the opposite , a fairly tight in, front wheel with a steep rake
( just the opposite of what you want)
soft stuff also does not like small tires anything under 21" in diameter on sand is a pain in the butt to ride ! and even that depends of the weight of the bike...
if it's heavy you need a much larger wheel just so you won't sink to the axle in the front...
..... the other fell'as idea of changing the forks and triple trees, and tire with one off a CRF250 honda is a real good idea.... I'd look into that if I were you !
that larger tire isn't just for looks, loose stuff needs a big front tire ! that's why all the dirt bikes have 21" front wheels.... well most of them anyway.
Bob.......
Yes agreed completely. Problem is the availability of a suitable front end and also the cost, one could cost more than my entire bike. I might be able to ride on the compact sand close to the water with the current wheel diameter. What do you think?