View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2021, 02:32 AM   #15
Leonardo Lupo
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
my experience with sand on the beech is limited but I do remember getting to the wet sand was a real hard paddling with the feet routine and way back on the seat but it did no good .... that was on a 305 Honda Dream
that weighed about what a stock ninja does , and I had universal type tires on it at the time...
once I got on the beach I could go fairly well but any sharp moves and it dug in. I went up the beach about 5 miles with no problem then discovered there was no way to get off the bike... the side stand just sunk all the way... and I had a wider foot on it at the time. so I went back... getting back to the pavement was a real ordeal as that was deep dry soft sand that was all churned up.... even with a run for it i made it about half way is all, so I paddled my way slowly to the hard ground... that took about an hour.. and that engine got quite hot... so I almost stopped to let her cool but I was almost there, so I kept at it and in another 5 minutes I found hard pack and away I went ! that bike was air cooled of course, but the ninja is water cooled , I would think the Ninja would fair better in that situation.
Yes the front end is a major mod indeed but look at what you'll gain !
a larger front wheel, longer forks and real actual handle bars that you can put on any you want... instead of the funky clip on style...I hate those !
to me the handle bars alone make the different front end a MUST DO !
HAHAHAH ...look for a motorcycle salvage yard and give them a call and see what they have that is available to you.... they may want an arm and a leg for it or you may be pleasantly surprised ! ya never know !
Ok, it's good to know it's possible! I agree, you're right. I will look around for a front end and keep posted. Thanks!