View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2021, 07:38 AM   #20
Leonardo Lupo
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrewski86 View Post
Maddington Motorcycle Wreckers will have the solution: buy a dirtbike! If you're seriously thinking of tackling sand the type Bob is talking about, the Ninja sounds like a real chore with the suspension setup you currently have. Bob brings up a couple of things you will encounter including the front end digging in and a lot of paddling due to the tires and weight of the bike. If you have hard sand you'll be good, but anything like Bob went through on the Dream and you'll be paddling. That's hard work and not fun. A little xr200 would be nice for your purposes. Barring that, I would just see what the Ninjette is capable of as is and see what you have to mod. There's no way to know until you take it out and get it stuck, the weakest link will break first.
I agree 100%. Hopefully won't get it stuck. Am traumatised from being stuck 10 km from a farm in the middle of nowhere. Decided to go for a speed run in an old Suzuki 200 across a salt pan, which revealed to have only a thin hard layer and the slipperiest mud I have ever seen in underneath. Was 44 degrees celcius! Sat there swatting flies with a cup of water left. Dragged the bike 200 metres through the mud, rode home and took a nice long swim in the damn when I got out that was for sure. Wasnt the smartest idea I ever had!