View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2014, 09:55 PM   #107
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Came back from a 10 mile ride. It was decently warm out there. 45 degrees. Bike runs fine. Pulls to redline in 1st and 2nd gears really strong. Since I didn't take hit the interstate (11pm), I wasn't able to ride it hard. I kept my revs around 7-8k for most of the ride and shifted around 10k (50mph speed limit).

After the 10 mile ride, I made a tiny adjustment to the idle speed. But it still does the same thing. The needle slowly moves up & down from 1k - 1.4k (as shown in the video in my previous post)

I also google mapped the road I took and confirmed that it was indeed 10 miles (debunking the theory that my odometer may have error).

I guess, I'll just have to wait to see how the bike acts when it's warmer out (when I take longer rides). Hopefully I'll get more than 26mpg!!!!!

Just for peace of mind, I'll change the oil again (only 100 miles since my last change!!!) but I'll keep the same filter.

I guess time will tell.....

I'll keep you guys updated once it gets warmer.

As always, I'd like to give a heartfelt thank you for everyone's help/suggestions. Big shout out to DaBlue for all the info he has provided.
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote