View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #18
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
well, I'm sure he would have played any, and may still, but he was in contact with a guy about lessons... and they were willing to do lessons for free so long as he marched in parades and did funerals... something attached to the FOP and what have you... He was excited and was willing to do it... just into everything at school and then off to college and what have you, busy kid... but i think he was going to be "a'wearin' the Kilt and Sporran" Just assume that the FOP has it's own Tarton, cuz i'm sure my faimely has no colors, more likely a shield and battle axes. May still happen, but his job right now is "24 hours on call" so he has no life.
Ahhh, that would kill any chance to practice. No life is not a good thing IMHO. Hope he has time to work it in soon!

I've may take a lesson or two in the future. Right now, I'm learning pretty quick and figuring out he fingerings pretty quickly.

I did manage to work in some practice yesterday and today (1.5-2 hrs each day). I am now 3/4 of the way through my book 1 of lessons. I am now constantly on the C, D, and A strings. Starting to work on slurs too.

Violin is addictive. I never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I am, but it really is fun. I do like it more than I did the flute. I love the sound of a flute, but I feel this instrument is more me, even more than guitar. I am not totally sure if it beats tuba, but time will tell.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote