View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2016, 08:11 PM   #1
3ии
ninjette.org guru

Name: shinobi

Motorcycle(s): '13 ninja 300

My parallel twin experience

What's up everyone, I am fairly new here and figure I'd give somewhat of an informal intro of me and my half-supersport 296cc bike(2013 Ninja 300 non-abs in Stardust White).

Im V, and my bike is, well, just a bike. I do not name my vehicles or call them her or him, it is an inanimate object with fossil fuels for blood.

Picked it up about 6 weeks ago weeks ago from a pawn shop owner, which probably explains why I got it for dirt cheap. Even came with a warranty(that i did not know about, but more on that later).

It had 848 miles on it when got it. I rode it for exactly one week, then the engine goes boom at 1265 miles. I called Kawasaki and explained how the bike has a loud knock in the engine at 1265 miles, and how this is now a $5000 paperweight. They go through their records and inform me that the original owner has extended warranty until Christmas day 2017, and for me to bring it to the dealer for inspection.

Fast forward 1 month, turns out the bike spun a rod bearing(although i suspect broken rod bolt), and trashed half the engine. They replaced the crankshaft, 1 rod, 1 piston, both rings, and milled the head.

Put almost 300 miles in the past 2 days breaking the engine in. Actually, seating the rings

Pics from when i first got it.

How it sits now. This bike is done with mods. Next mod, is the for sale mod

3ии is offline   Reply With Quote