View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #7
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I bought my first bike in 1986, a Honda Interceptor 500. In fact, I just bought the same model bike this last week for the exact same price I paid in 1986. Before that, I did years of dirt-bike riding before I ever got a driver's license. Learned to do a lot of maintenance because 2-strokes always seem to need some work.

Then I into cars and racing. Hot-rodding cars seemed more complicated and back then, a lot of racers converted to carbs. Which is fine if you keep engine fairly stock without continuous upgrades.

I got to point where I kept upgrading my cars to be competitive in SCCA, NASA racing and smaller club outfits. The costs of hours of labour in pulling carbs, re-jetting and grinding custom needles simply out-costed the simplicity of several seconds of mouse-clicks. I had gotten to the point where I was doubling, even tripling the factory output of an engine through mods like turbocharging. Optimizing each stage of upgrades for max-power while preserving grocery-store friendly driving for the missus and having single-crank cold-starts regardless of weather was simply cost-prohibitive or just impossible with carbs.

I opened up a shop in SoCal offering Porsche Turbo upgrades. My main bread & butter service was ECU re-programming and dyno-tuning. With just a new chip and/or software, I was able to add an extra +100bhp to a stock car!

There's no going back! I'm so deeply entrenched in the time-efficiency and cost-savings of EFI and associated tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, wideband O2-sensors with dataloging, laptops and bluetooth tablets, that my response to anyone inquiring about upgrades is to recommend a standalone programmable EFI system as the very first mod.

It really saves tonnes of labour and thousands of dollars in the long-run.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg vf5.jpg (165.5 KB, 114 views)

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; July 10th, 2017 at 12:15 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.