View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2017, 03:08 PM   #12
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten1 View Post
don't mind carburetors, they are simple, air through the venturi pulls fuel into the cylinder.
I love the simple maintenance of my FI bikes even more, I push the button, and it starts!!
This is one of the big bonuses of EFI. Some sample cases:

1. my CBR600RR sat for 8-months last winter outside under a plastic tarp while I was busy with new job and moving in. My race Ninja 250 and wife's CB125T was stored inside heated garage for 6-months. After spring-thaw, I signed up for track-day on 250 and spent a whole day cleaning out tank, replacing with fresh gas, cleaning the carbs, replacing seals, etc. Same with CB125T before it would run smoothly enough for riding. The CBR600RR? No bother, it started within the 1st crank and idled cleanly with no hiccups!

2. back when I lived in S.B., I had a Porsche race-car that sat for 18-months waiting for engine-builder to deliver new engine (was supposed to be 4-months). Got engine just one week before Open Track Challenge. Ended up staying up 3-days in a row to get engine installed. Plugged in custom-chip specifically mapped for this engine... then it was the moment of truth. First crank? VVRROOOOmmmm!!!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote